There are about 20 different topics that can come up on the FCE exam. The FCE vocabulary topic we are touching on this week is health and fitness.
Would you be able to answer if the examiner asked you the following questions on the Speaking exam?
- Do people in your country worry about their health and keeping fit?
- Do you do anything to stay healthy?
- What advice would you give to someone who suffers from stress?
Suggested Use of Your FCE Vocabulary
Do you feel confident enough to write a good article or essay on the second part of the FCE Writing paper? Remember, as most students go for the easy option (the letter), it is easier to achieve a good mark if you try a more adventurous option.
However, if you are going to try this type of exercise, you need to make sure that you actually know how to do the exercise. You also need to make sure that you know enough good vocabulary.
As always, start by writing down your answers and then analyse them:
- Are the sentences grammatically correct?
- Is the vocabulary extensive enough?
- Can you improve your answers?
Many students would write or say something like this:
- Many people in my country worry about their health.
- Some people go jogging and others go the gym.
- I think it is important to stay healthy.
By using a more sophisticated vocabulary, your phrases could look something like this:
- In my country, quite a few people are concerned about their health.
- A number of people would go jogging regularly, while others would attend a gym.
- In my opinion, it is very important to stay healthy and take care of your body.
FCE Vocabulary Exercise
Here is a vocabulary building exercise on health which we hope you enjoy. For more information on how to build word-class tables, why not check our our article FCE Vocabulary Building: The Key to Success (Step 1)?
Avoid missing any of our tips and advice on how to pass the FCE exam and subscribe to our free email notification service.