This week we are going to revisit the second part of the FCE Speaking paper. If you haven’t already made your “speaking template” for this part of the speaking exam, you should read these three previous posts first:
So how are you getting on with your template? Are you able to adapt it to suit different pictures? Or do you need to do some work on it? Let’s put your template to the test.
Here are two more pictures and a question:
Why is the road important to us?
Before you use your own template to answer the question, we would like you to use our template which you can find in Step 5.
- Write down our template.
- Answer the question: Why is the road important to us?
- Write down your answers using our template.
- Compare your answer to ours: suggested answer.
How did you do? How does your answer compare to ours? Now it is your turn:
- If you haven’t already made a template (Steps 3, 4 and 5), do that now.
- Apply your template to the pictures in Step 5.
- Apply your template to the pictures in this step.
How did you do? How does your template work? Can it be used for both sets of pictures or does it need a bit more work? Remember, your template is a “live” document and you need to constantly refine it until you are confident that you have a template that works for you.
Would you like to test your FCE exam skills further? Sign up for our FCE Practice Tests and get started straight away!
Avoid missing any of our tips and advice and subscribe to our free email notification service and start on your road to success on the FCE exam.